In our practice we can thoroughly investigate and treat any pulmonary disease such as:
- Adult and pediatric asthma
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Smoking Dependence (Smoking Cessation Clinic)
- Sleep apnea syndrome
- Lung Infections
- Lung Cancer (bronchoscopy can be performed by the doctor in private clinic)
- Pleural Diseases
The surgery is equipped with a high-end spirometer that can perform a complete series of pulmonary function tests such as:
- Lung Volumes (Nitrogen Washout, RV, TLC)
- Diffusing Lung Capacity (DLCOsb, DLCOib, Membrane Diffusion)
- Respiratory Mechanics (MIP/MEP, PO.1
- Simple spirometry
- measurement of airway resistance (Rocc)
- Closing Volume
The surgery is also equipped with:
- A blood gas and electrolytes analyzer (i-Stat) for arterial oxygen, carbon dioxide, pH, potassium, sodium measurements.
- Overnight oxymetry for sleep apnea screening in adults and children
- 6 minute walk testing useful to identify exercise tolerance in chronic respiratory disease and heart failure
- Allergen Skin Prick Tests, the most reliable method for medical diagnosis of allergies
- Carbon monoxide (CO) analyzer for the estimation of your dependence to cigarette and, mainly, of the continuous danger of smoking to your body.
- Nebulizer and portable oxygen for treatment of emergencies.
- Tuberculin Skin Testing (TST-Mantoux)